Do you know a female student who will be attending the University of Kansas during the 2022-23 school year? Make sure she gets this information!
The Greater Kansas City Alumnae Chapter is the administrator of two scholarship funds endowed with KU Endowment.
Alpha Omicron Pi Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- Initiated member of Alpha Omicron Pi
- Undergraduate OR graduate level
Jessie Marie Cramer Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- Female student who has completed her junior year
- Preference is given to students from the Greater Kansas City area
For both scholarships:
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be completed by the date of the scholarship application in order to determine eligibility.
If you know someone who meets the requirements, please share this information with them! Although there are two scholarship funds, the application is the same for each scholarship—students only need to fill out ONE application to be considered for both scholarships.
Important: KU will not allow us to award the scholarship to a student who does not have financial need as determined by the FAFSA. That means the applicant MUST complete a General Needs Analysis form and submit it to KU’s Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. This form allows their office to provide the students’ financial need information to our committee.
Without this form, we cannot award a scholarship. This is very important–we receive scholarship applications every single year where the student has failed to submit this form.
Application materials are due by June 17, 2022. In order to make sure we receive the General Needs Analysis form on time, please submit it to KU as soon as possible. KU will then provide this form to our committee.
If you qualify for these scholarships, make sure you submit your FAFSA as soon as possible!
Questions? Please email Shannon Kilkenny, scholarship committee chairperson at email@example.com.