I hope you had an enjoyable holiday season and start to 2017. I hope you are also staying warm during this crazy KC winter weather!
Your KCAOII leadership group is looking forward to a fun spring with social events such as wine tasting, philanthropy events like the flower sale and Walk to Cure Arthritis, and sisterhood activities supporting our collegiate members at UCM & Missouri State.
I wanted to give you an update on our goals for the 2016-2017 year. You may remember we set these back in August of 2016. Our goals at that time were:
- Increase dues paying membership to 30 ladies (help us with this goal and Pay Dues!) – We made it! Thanks to your help, we have 33 dues paying members in KCAOII as of December 20. You can still pay dues, though! Just click on the link here.
- Update the membership directory (help us with this goal and update your contact info!) – We did this, too! We published a new, updated directory this year for dues paying members that was completely confirmed by the people listed in the directory. We also updated our email list to only include those KCAOIIs who actually want to receive emails from KCAOII. If you aren’t on the list, you can join! Go to kcaoii.com and fill out your information on the right side of the home page.
- Increase interaction with Delta Pi and reach out to other close collegiate chapters – We were excited to welcome Delta Pi collegiate members to the Strike Out Arthritis event as well as our Founders’ Day celebration in December.
- Enhanced communication with chapter members & AOII Nationals – We did it! We launched a newly designed kcaoii.com and a new facebook page. Have you liked it yet? Make sure you do! That’s where we are putting information about new events.
- Increased fundraising activities for Arthritis Foundation, Operation Breakthrough & the chapter – We’re well on our way! We participated in Massage Envy’s Healing Hands for Arthritis, Strike Out for Arthritis, & the Jingle Bell Run. Our KCAOII team raised $1,500+ for Jingle Bell Run alone thanks to an event with Kendra Scott and team fundraising.
We did pretty well in the fall of 2016, didn’t we? Don’t worry, though, there’s lots coming up in the spring of 2017. First, we’re giving away money! Are you in school at KU or UCM? This money is for you. Go get it. Don’t forget, the AOII Foundation also has money to give away, and so does the Greater KC Alumnae Panhel if you grew up in KC. Make sure to check out our facebook events page for all upcoming events. In 2017, we’ll be raising money for KCAOII during our plant sale (coming in March!) and helping support the Arthritis Foundation at the Walk to Cure Arthritis in May. However you choose to participate, we will have something for you. Want to help us? Join a committee, or give us your feedback. We’re all ears!
We’re excited for what we have in store for 2017 and hope you’ll join us for fun & sisterhood.