The KCAOII leadership met at the beginning of November to discuss our year-end activities and how we’re going to start 2017 strong. It seems crazy to me that we’re talking about 2017 already, but it’ll be here before we know it. Here’s an update on what we talked about at the board meeting and some things you should look out for in the next few months!
- Founders’ Day & Jingle Bell Run are both Sunday, December 11th. You can still register for our Jingle Bell Run team here and RSVP to attend Founders’ Day on facebook. VP of Programs Katy is coordinating the main dish, all you need to do is bring a side or dessert to share. We’ll honor an Outstanding Alumnae & an Outstanding Collegiate at the luncheon.
- Our Kendra Scott event raised $263 for our Jingle Bell Run team and ultimately the Arthritis Foundation. Check out VP of Fundraising Cara’s recap post here.
- The Delta Gamma chapter was installed at Missouri State University last weekend. Collegiate Relations chair, Malinda, will be reaching out to them to invite any local KC ladies to events hosted by KCAOII!
- The Day Group held their monthly luncheon at the home of Mary E. Johnson on Nov. 14. They shared lunch and then had their meeting in Mary’s apartment. Mary’s an avid KU Jayhawk fan and collector, so the ladies were treated to a view of Mary’s collections of figurines and Jayhawk paraphernalia.
- The leadership group brought supplies to Kim, our Panhellenic Delegate, at the meeting. KC Panhellenic is supporting Safehome this year, so toiletries and gift cards were the main items donated.
- Treasurer Debbi will be releasing UCM and KU scholarship applications in January. If you know ladies at either school, encourage them to apply. The students can be graduate or undergraduate students and don’t have to be affiliated with AOII.
- We reached our goal of 25 dues-paying members in 2016 and we still have a few weeks to go! Make sure to pay your dues before Dec 20. All information on what dues go toward and how to pay are here.
I hope you are all having an enjoyable fall and are ready for some cooler weather. I also hope to see you on December 11 for Jingle Bell Run and/or Founders’ Day!