To the ladies of the Greater Kansas City Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi –
Welcome to a new year of KCAOII sisterhood! Having been part of the KCAOII board for a few years now, I’m excited to step into the President’s role. I know I have big shoes to fill, as our former President Jenny Horsely did an amazing job leading the chapter. We have a new influx of board members this year, with new faces assuming important chapter leadership roles and we’re a more diverse bunch than in years past, representing quality institutions and chapters from across the Midwest. I’m excited to lead this dynamic board and play a small role in extending the sisterhood of AOII past graduation.
The board met recently and we have some attainable goals for the year.
- Increase dues paying membership to 30 ladies (help us with this goal and Pay Dues!)
- Update the membership directory (help us with this goal and update your contact info!)
- Increase interaction with Delta Pi and reach out to other close collegiate chapters
- Enhanced communication with chapter members & AOII Nationals
- Increased fundraising activities for Arthritis Foundation, Operation Breakthrough & the chapter
We are also looking forward to a year full of fun events geared towards giving sisters a chance to meet one another, share experiences and form new bonds. From day group lunch meetings to a new venue for Founders’ Day to new events we’ve never held before, the year promises to have something for everyone.
If you’re looking to get more involved, we are always looking for help in various areas of the chapter. No matter what your talents are, we have a spot for you. More than anything, the mission of the Greater Kansas City Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi is to embody the values of our Fraternity: Service, Scholarship & Leadership.
We look forward to the year ahead and welcome you in whatever way you choose to engage.