The Greater Kansas City Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi (AOII) fraternity has a long slate of events scheduled for the next several months. Members of AOII—whether they have been recently active or haven’t attended an event since graduating college—are encouraged to add these activities to their calendars. The K.C. Alum Chapter extends its warmest hospitality to all AOIIs in the Kansas City area, no matter what their ages or stages of life.
Upcoming events include:
- Feb. 25 (Tuesday), 7-9 p.m. Painting & Wine Drinking at Pinot’s Palette, 5235 W 116th Place, Leawood, KS 66211. Join your sisters, open your favorite bottle of wine and get ready to be inspired by local artists who will guide you step-by-step through the evening’s featured painting. At the end of the night, leave with your own masterpiece. To register and pay for your spot, visit Pinot’s Palette’s reservation page.
- March 10 (Monday), Noon-2 p.m. Daytime lunch meeting, Lakeview Village (9100 Park, Lenexa, Kan.). Cost: To be determined. To RSVP or ask questions, call Cherie Smith at (913) 642-6073.
- March 13 (Thursday), 6-8 p.m., Harvester’s Food Sort, 3801 Topping Ave., Kansas City, MO 64129 Take advantage of this opportunity to give back to Kansas City’s only food bank. The atmosphere is a warehouse, so dress casually with no open-toed shoes. (Bottled water is encouraged. Check in at the front desk, and feel free to bring children ages 6 and older, as well as family, friends and coworkers! Harvesters encourages volunteers to bring food donations. (Please be firm with your commitment when you RSVP as the agency plans its workload based upon the number of people attending.) To RSVP, visit Harvester’s “Serve” page.
- April 3 (Thursday), 5:30-7:30 p.m., Happy Hour at Waldo Pizza, 7433 Broadway St., Kansas City, MO. Join us as we dive in to one of Kansas City’s most delicious pizza institutions. We’ll enjoy some lively conversation, good eats and drinks and general convivial behavior! To RSVP, send a note to Kate Favrow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 26 (Saturday), 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Lunch at Granite City Brewery, 15085 119th St., Olathe, KS 66062. Delicious offerings plus freshly brewed beverages will be the extra highlight of a fun afternoon gathering of AOII sisters. To RSVP, send a note to Kate Favrow, email@example.com.
- May 3 (Saturday), Walk to Cure Arthritis, 8 a.m.-11 a.m., Worlds of Fun, 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave., Kansas City, MO 64161. Help raise funds for a cure to end the debilitating effects of arthritis. You can volunteer to help out during the event, or join our team of walkers. Either way, you’ll be doing good and having a great time while you do it. Sign up to be a walker (or donate to our team’s efforts). To volunteer at the event, contact Applebugg@gmail.com.
- May 12 (Monday), Noon-2 p.m. Daytime lunch meeting, The Forum (3501 W. 95th St., Overland Park, Kan.). Cost: $9.50 (cash preferred). To RSVP or ask questions, call Cherie Smith at (913) 642-6073.
For additional information on any events, send a note to Chapter President Jenny Horsley at Applebugg@gmail.com. You can also get lots of details at the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi’s Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kcaoii/.