We'll hopefully have an update soon about our Founder's Day celebration last month, but in the meantime, here are some of our upcoming events for this spring.
First of all, our popular annual flower sale fundraiser is now underway! Partial proceeds from the sale benefit the Arthritis Research Foundation, as well as other philanthropic endeavors such as scholarships. Our plants are grown at Greeson Greenhouses in Lone Jack, MO.
Flower sale order forms were provided in our most recent newsletter. If you are not on our year-round mailing list and would like to be, please let us know! If you would like to receive an order form- either to place your own order or to sell to family and friends- please send us an email.
- Monday March 10: The daytime group will meet for lunch at Kingswood Manor at noon. Please email us for more information or to RSVP.
- Saturday, March 29: Our annual spring philanthropic event will be at True Light Family Resource Center in Kansas City, MO. We'll be volunteering from 10 a.m. to noon and will assist with sorting and organizing clothes. Friends and family who are capable of folding, sorting, and hanging clothes are welcome to join us.
- Saturday, April 19: We'll have a girls' luncheon and our annual ritual at 1 p.m. We will also be assembling goodie bags for the graduating seniors at the Delta Pi chapter at UCM.
- Friday, May 2: Comedy Night FUNdraiser! We are selling tickets to Famous Johnny's Comedy Club in Overland Park. Tickets are just $10, and we get to keep a large portion of this for philanthropic donations and chapter operations.
- Monday, May 12: The daytime group will meet at noon for lunch at The Forum.
- Saturday, May 17: The Arthritis Walk, to raise funds for arthritis research. You can make a donation or join us to walk on the AOII team.
- Friday, May 23: Playdate at Deanna Rose Farmstead, 9 a.m. to noon.
More details will follow soon about all of these events, but we wanted to make sure you got them on your calendar!