At Convention, the AOII Foundation will award one chapter with the Arthritis Walk top fundraising accolade. This is in addition to the Sheaf award, which is awarded for the chapter's overall philanthropy not related to the Walk.
Many AOII chapters, including Kansas City, participate in the Arthritis Walk and fundraise through Kintera, an online fundraising tool, or by collecting checks and cash to turn in to the Arthritis Foundation.
There is an additional process in order to be considered for the Foundation's Walk awards.
- Register for a Walk near you at www.arthritis.org. You can join the Kansas City team, Greater KC AOII Alums!
- When you're ready to send emails asking your friends and family to donate, selecte the email template on Kintera called "Strike Out Arthritis- AOII Donor Solicitation."
- The message your potential donors receive will lead them to the AOII Foundation website to make online gifts. Make sure they indicate that the gift is for the Walk and include the Walk location, your team name, and your name.
- If you are raising funds offline, ask your donors to make checks payable to the AOII Foundation. The checks should be mailed directly to the AOII Foundation (including your name, team name, and Walk location).
- 100% of the money you send to us online and by mail will be given back to your local Walk on a monthly basis. Your local Arthritis Foundation Walk coordinator will be notified of all incoming donations weekly. Your donors will receive a thank you letter from us to be used for tax purposes.
An added benefit is that all funds you raise for the Walk that are channeled through the AOII Foundation will count as AOI giving credit, which could move you up a giving level (or two!).
The AOII Foundation is also accepting application s for the Outstanding Arthritis Walk AOII Volunteer Award. The recipient will be chosen based on fundraising efforts and overall involvement in the Arthritis Walk.
If you know someone who should be nominated for this award, you can complete the application form and submit it to the AOII Foundation by June 10, 2007.
Please consider participating in and/or donating to this worthy cause!